1843 - 1912 (68 years)
This mod changes the layout of the Person Profile in several ways,
with the intent of making it easier to read. For example,
- It moves some the profiled person's events below the person's Parent and Family data,
- Adds headings (e.g. Parents, Family or Families, Media, Event Map) above each block of data, and
- Moves 'metadata' (e.g. the personID, date of last change, and links to the Group Sheet and Family Chart) into headings.
It makes numerous additional changes, some of which are controlled by mod options.
See the Wiki article
This mod hides the Child-to-Parent relationship if the relationshop is a list that is defined as a mod option.
The idea is that users don't need to see relationship values such as 'natural' or 'birth'.
||August O. Ekdahl |
August immigrated to the US in 1868, settling in Omaha on June 13. He was first employed by the Union Pacific Railroad on a ferry boat on the Missouri River. It is believed that while he was working for the Union Pacific, he was present when the golden spike was laid completing the first transcontinental railroad at Promontory Point, Utah in 1869. In 1872, Anna Christina Olive Frostrom immigrated to the US with her mother, brother, and sisters. Her family settled on a farm in Saunders County, NE.
August became a farmer. After he and Olive Anna were married, they made their home on a farm in Mariposa precinct, where August built the farmhouse. The farm was located about 3/4 mile from the farm of Olive's parents. Like most of the farmers in the area, August hauled his grain at harvest time 40 miles to the railroad, often finding it necessary to fix the wooden bridges over the various streams he crossed.
August was a Republican and one of the first members of the Independent Party. He and Olive Anna both belonged to the Baptist Church in Weston. After August died, his son Roland inherited the home farm. In the fall of 1913, Olive Anna moved to Weston where she lived until 1941. She then moved to Wahoo where she died a year later. She was a semi-invalid for seven years before her death. She was known to have a strong faith in her religion.
||14 Sep 1843
||28 Aug 1912
||Saunders County, Nebraska
||Bethel Cemetery, Rural Weston, Saunders County, Nebraska
||Olive Anna Fr (ID:I140), b. 24 Sep 1862, Barkarve, d. 14 Nov 1942, Wahoo, Saunders, Nebraska (Age 80 years) |
||17 Oct 1879
||Saunders County, Nebraska
1. Milsa Marie Olive Ekdahl (ID:I016), b. 10 Nov 1883, Weston, Saunders County, Nebraska d. 25 Feb 1976, the Saunders County Community Hospital, Wahoo, Saunders County, Nebraska (Age 92 years)|
2. Japhet Emanuel Ekdahl (ID:I172), b. 23 Feb 1886 d. 18 May 1952 (Age 66 years)|
3. Roland Ekdahl (ID:I174), b. 7 Nov 1889|
4. Rhoda Ekdahl (ID:I176), b. 7 Nov 1889 d. 6 Jan 1900 (Age 10 years)|
5. Ruth Ekdahl (ID:I177), b. 7 Sep 1899|