Today we did the usual tourist things that you do in Stockholm – the Vasa Museum (totally awesome, DO THIS if you ever come here), a boat ride around Djugården, the Nordiska Museum, a walk around the City Hall. But blah blah blah enough tourist chatter. Let’s talk about fashion. Here’s what we’ve noticed in Stockholm:
– everyone, even elderly men, are wearing skinny pants, and in a variety of colors.
– younger women are wearing high-top converse sneakers
– women are all wearing scarves
– business men are wearing sport coats and neck ties with their skinny jeans
– men are wearing pointy shoes
– people are wearing larger and heavier glasses frames than what we wear in the U.S.
– lots of black clothing
– “bed head” hair-do’s for men
– gigantic baby strollers
– man-purses (messenger bags)
– for the women, wild leggings worn with wild, flowing tops that usually don’t match
– the artwork on the walls in stores, restaurants and even hotel rooms often features American celebrities and cityscapes