This week’s theme is “Favorite Place.” So many records that we use (and memories that we have) are tied to a place. What is a favorite place to research? What is a favorite ancestral home?
My favorite place is, of course, Saunders County, Nebraska!
Following is a chart showing my grandparents and great-grandparents. “B” indicates born in Saunders County, “D” indicated died while a resident of Saunders County.
- Three of my great-grandparents were born in Saunders County
- All EIGHT of them died in Saunders County
- All four of my grandparents were born in Saunders County
- Three of them were residents of Saunders County when they died, and Grandma Clarinda Rudeen had only moved to live with her daughter just a short time before her death
- And, of course, my parents were both born in Saunders County
I have done research for ancestors or relatives living in the following townships in Saunders County: Ashland, Chapman, Clear Creek, Green, Richland, Rock Creek, Stocking and Wahoo.
I have done research for ancestors or relatives living in the following towns in Saunders County: Ashland, Ceresco, Ithaca, Mead, Prague, Swedeburg, Wahoo and Weston.
And I have ancestors and/or relatives buried in the following cemeteries: Alma Lutheran (Mead), Ashland Cemetery, Fridhem Cemetery, Grace Lutheran Cemetery, Rock Creek Cemetery, St. Francis Cemetery (Wahoo), and Sunrise Cemetery (Wahoo).
Consequently…I am a lifetime member of the Saunders County Historical Society!